Monday 11 April 2016

MAC Matte Lipstick - Meher Review

Hello Ladies...

I realized that I haven't done any review post for so long. So, today I thought of doing a review of my all time favorite lipstick. I am not sure if you guys know but I love matte lipsticks. I, anytime, prefer them over the glossy or moist ones. This one is a semi-matte pinky-nude lipstick which is great for everyday wear and perfect for Indian skin tone. It's MAC Matte Lipstick in the shade Meher.


PACKAGING

The lipstick comes in black and silver colored bullet packaging, which is the standard color and shape of most of the MAC lipsticks. The logo MAC is written on the cap of the bullet as well as on the inside part when you open up the cap.




 I love the way the cap opens up and closes as if there is some magnet in it. I really like the fact that they give you the lipstick in a cardboard kind of box and not just like that.




PRICE

INR 1450/-
AUD 36/- for 3g of product


AVAILABILITY

At MAC Stores, MAC counters and online


MY VIEWS ON MAC MATE LIPSTICK - MEHER

Starting with the color, it is a beautiful nude kind of color with pink undertones. The color is not a usual pink, it is a earthy pink color which is not too dark and not too light. 



The lipstick is very pigmented and lasts for good 5-6 hours including meals. It does transfer a little but not crazily. The texture is not drying matte. It is more of a creamy matte when you first apply it and after some time it becomes semi-matte which is really nice as it does not over dry your lips. The only thing I don' like about it is that it settles in the fine lines. So, it will be good if you moisturize your lips a little before applying it to get the perfect texture out of it. Summer or winter, day or night, casual or formal, this lipstick looks just perfect, anytime. I really like its fragrance which is something like vanilla but not overpowering. Yes, it is on expensive side but some products are worth the money.




PROS

Great Packaging
Beautiful pinky-nude color, perfect for Indian skin tones
Long staying power, 5-6 hours approx.
Perfect for any time, season, look or occasion
Does not dry the lips
Easily available
Highly pigmented
Sweet vanilla kin of fragrance, not overpowering


CONS

Is on the expensive side
Settles in fine lines, if lips are not moisturized


OVERALL VIEW

I think, it can be a great nude lipstick for Indian/brown skin toned beauties with semi matte finish and long staying power. It IS on the expensive side but atleast try it out on a MAC store or counter. I highly recommend this shade.

RATING
4.85/5 


I hope, this post was helpful to you guys. Tell me your favorite nude lipstick in the comment section below. See you guys in my next post. Till then, take care.

With Love
Akanksha






19 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful on you dear. Unfortunately it washes me out :(

    http://perkymegs.com/2016/04/indian-wedding-series-long-kurta-with-palazzo/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's bad. Hope you already have your fav nude lipstick :). Thanks

      Delete
  2. Omg, I have this shade ! Love the color & formula alot !
    Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful shade. I've got to check it out in MAC stores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty shade, you look beautiful

    http://itsafashionista.blogspot.in/2016/04/ootd-navratri-special-red-salwar-suit.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently bought this along with velvet teddy (another great nude for Indian skin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I have heard a lot about Velvet Teddy. Will give it a try soon. Thanks Sheen :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely neutral shade! Looks amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking for a good matte lipstick. I will check this shade out next time..

    www.luv4beautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shade!.. It looks pretty on you. :)

    Take a look at my blogs -

    http://shinewithsrestha.blogspot.in/2016/04/dramatic-eyes-for-night-look.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is in my Wishlist :)
    http://senseiteve.com
    http://twosomelife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my daily wear kind of pink color :). Do try it some time

      Delete
  10. Wow, amazing shade. Loved it totally. looks so pretty on you.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete