Friday 23 October 2015

Outfit Details - Anarkali Suit

Hey Everyone!

Today, I am sharing with you all a dress that is close to my heart because it is designed by me. It's a floor length Anarkali Suit. I recently wore it at my cousin's wedding and thought to share it with you guys, so that you can find some inspiration from it, if you are planning to get one stitched for this wedding/festive season :).
First of all, I want to tell you that my favourite designer is Manish Malhotra. I always keep an eye on his latest work. I really love the flares he gives to his dresses. And this Anarkali suit is inspired by his designs only. I did not want to copy his design but to get inspiration from his work :). 


The first thing you see here is its Yoke. A magenta-purple coloured brocade cloth with golden flower pattern on it. I chose a matching lace to attach on the arms, neck and end of the yoke.


The lower part of the anarkali (starting from the waist till floor) is made from the net material (8 meters),dyed in sea green colour, with a golden shimmery lining under it which I love a lot as it makes the suit different from other anarkalis available in the market. At the end of the suit, there are two different types of laces used (orange and golden) and the magenta-purple one is the velvet cloth. These are easily available in the market. 


At the back, I chose these beautiful hangings/latkans. I kept them long because I like that way only :D. 


Coming to the Dupatta, it is made of net material, dyed in orange colour, with two types of  laces matched with the suit. The inner one is pink and gold. The outer one is golden with cut-work.

Here are the full pictures of the suit







I hope you liked this post and found some inspiration for your next anarkali suit. Comment what you feel about this post. Take care lovelies. Lots of love :*

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Akanksha, that's a very stylish outfit. I have seen you wearing this and it's actually nice. You are doing a great job with the blog, good info and cool snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sooo much. I am glad that you are liking it :)

    ReplyDelete