Tuesday 21 June 2016

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Show Off Mascara Review

Hello Beautiful Ladies...

I had been using two mascaras for a very long time (Estee lauder & Loreal Paris) and was thinking to buy a new one from India but didn't make it to do that. When I came back to Perth, my husband told me that some boxes got delivered for me when I was in India. They were my monthly subscription boxes from Bella Box (for the month of April and May). Of course, I got excited and started seeing each item in them. And there I found, a gorgeous Fuchsia Pink tube which was Rimmel London Scandaleyes Show Off Mascara. So today, I am going to share my views on it with you all ;).



PACKAGING


This mascara originally comes in a thick cardboard kind of packaging with plastic cover on top of it. But as I got it in a subscription box, it came without that packaging (see in the picture below)


It has an eye catching bottle which is fuchsia pink in color and the name is written in quit bold letters. I love the packaging.


Its wand is also very different and interesting. The flat brush is to add volume to the lashes and the front round side to lift up the lashes in the end, which is something really good.


WHAT THE PRODUCT CLAIMS

Scandalous defined volume, lift + length
* Flat brush plumps, unique ball brush lifts and defines
* Show off lashes with no clumps!


PRICE

AUD 16.95/- for 12 ml
INR 500/- (approx) for 12 ml


AVAILABILITY

Australia - Easily available at Priceline, Myer, Chemist Warehouse
India - Its availability is really a problem in India. Right now I can only see it on Amazon.in but for Rs. 1145/- (which is way too expensive). Rimmel London products are available at Nykaa.com also. So check that out.


MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS MASCARA

My first reaction when I applied this mascara was 'WOW'. Yes, it is that amazing. It makes my lashes so voluminous and also lifts them up which gives it the appearance of fake eyelashes (isn't it great?). The main thing I like about this mascara is that it doesn't make my eyelashes clumsy. All the lashes are well separated after applying it. So, it doesn't give me spider web kind of lashes.


You can easily see the difference between both my eyes in the picture above :)

 It is not waterproof which is not a good thing for a cry baby like me :D. But at the same time, it is not that bad as the non waterproof feature helps in taking off the mascara very easy at the end of the day. It does smudge a little, so not a great idea to apply it on the lower lashes on extreme hot days. Otherwise, it's a great mascara all year long.




PROS

* Very cute and attractive packaging
* Two types of brushes in one wand for different purposes
* Makes eye lashes voluminous 
* Lifts up the lashes and gives curl effect
* Does not make eye lashes clumsy
* Eye lashes are well separated
* Comes off easily with make-up remover
* Eyes appear fuller
* Pocket and travel friendly


CONS

* Not waterproof
* Smudges a little
* Not easily available in India


OVERALL VIEW

Even though it has some cons, still it is an amazing product to try out. I am really enjoying applying it and getting fuller lashes look without going for fake eye lashes. If you cannot find this particular mascara in India, try out some other Rimmel London mascara as they are really amazing. You can get one on nykaa.com at reasonable price.


RATING
4.75/5 


I hope this review was helpful for you guys. Share your thoughts in the comment section below. See you guys in my next post.

With Love
Akanksha


   

13 comments:

  1. The wand looks unique. This mascara is so good in uplifting lashes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I love it for that only :)

      Delete
  2. You look cute :)
    I have used the one which came in Orange tube, that too had a similar wow performance. Only the wand was little different. Rimmel Mascaras are good .Loved the review :)

    Recently Posted: Makeup Revolution London Concealer review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Swathi :*. Yeah, even I have heard all the good things about Rimmel London mascara. Will get my hands on some others too ;)

      Delete
  3. The mascara is adding so much volume and curl to your lashes. Definitely a great pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love it for that <3. Thanks Sangeetha :*

      Delete
  4. Akansha this mascara looks amazing and it makes your lashes look so voluminous.Loved the bright pink fuschia color packaging.I do not understand why don't these companies launch in India...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Yamini :). Even I love the cute packaging :p Yeah, I think you can only find them online. Hope they launch it in India soon

      Delete
  5. This mascara looks amazing.. adding loads of volume.. Nice and detailed review..

    www.beauttyobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's my fav mascara these days. I use it everyday. Thanks Snigdha :)

      Delete
  6. I've heard so much about Rimmel mascaras and yet I haven't tried them out. Got to grab all of them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I want to try some more from it :p

      Delete
  7. This bright pink fuschia color packaging of mascara look amazing. Loved it. will give it a try.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete