Wednesday 6 July 2016

StudioWest Maaya Crystal Eye Shadow in Bombay Jewels Review

Hey Everyone...

I would say that it was love at first sight when I came across this eye shadow palette - StudioWest Maaya Crystal Eye Shadow in Bombay Jewels. This palette has three beautiful colors for dramatic/festive looks - Bottle Green, Olive Green & Dark Blue. This Maaya series has 1 more palette which has neutral colors in it. StudioWest is a cosmetic brand of Westside. So, when I was in India in June, I went for shopping at Westside and suddenly the picture below caught my eyes on their cosmetic counter and I just fell in love with the colors.


I bought that palette and now sharing my experience with you all :)


PACKAGING



It comes in a plastic packaging which is transparent from top but has some design and name on it (as you can see in the pictures above). It is very travel friendly as it is light weight as well as sturdy. It comes with the typical eye shadow sponge which I use sometimes to apply the eye shadows on my eye lids.


TEXTURE
The first two colors viz Bottle Green and Olive Green have a very smooth texture which is somewhere between creamy and powdery. Whereas, the Dark Blue color is powdery and chalky. The colors are not at all matte. They are more on satin finish side. The olive green color has some golden sheen to it which makes it a very different color.


PRICE
INR 495/- for 4.2 gm of product


AVAILABILITY
Easily available at Westside stores only.


MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE PRODUCT
As I said earlier, I fell in love with the colors of this palette, the moment I saw it. The colors are really beautiful, if you like dramatic looks for your eyes. Personally, I love smokey eyes and that's why I loved this palette. The colors are highly pigmented, so I don't have to struggle to get good color intensity from it. Normally, dark colors tend to have fall-outs when you apply them. I felt this problem, a little, with the blue color as it is chalky. But the other two colors are all fine. Its staying power is also great and it does not creases or fades away. I am really happy with this palette.


See the beautiful colors in the picture above <3




        PROS
  • Light weight, compact and travel friendly packaging
  • Highly pigmented colors
  • Affordable
  • Beautiful dramatic/festive colors
  • Not much fall-outs 
  • Good quantity of product
  • Stays on eyes for long time without fading and creasing
       CONS
  • Blue color is a little chalky, so expect some fall-outs from it

OVERALL VIEW
Apart from that teeny tiny disadvantage, this palette is really amazing. It has beautiful colors with great pigmentation and good price. If you don't like dark colors, you can check out the other neutral colored palette from this range. I will definitely recommend this eye shadow palette to you guys :)

RATING
4.95/5 :D


With Love
Akanksha




10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful palette. I want to get hold of this. Though Westside store is present in my city, cosmetics arenot there. Next time I spot this in westside store somewhere I am checking out this for sure. Thanks for sharing :)

    Recently Posted: Foot care during Monsoons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I thought it is in all the westside stores. Yes do check it out. It's really nice :). Thanks dear :*

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous shades and palette looks so cute and handy :)
    http://yourbeautyjournal.com/whats-in-my-travel-makeup-bag/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's just beautiful. Thanks dear :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah they are :). Thanks dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shades..they look so pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have gold paletter from the range and I love it...this one has great colors and I'm picking it up next..loved the review and switches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great and I am going to get my hands on he gold one next time. Thanks hun :*

      Delete
  6. Lovely shades... great review.
    tipsoye.com posted : http://tipsoye.com/aroma-essentials-rose-face-wash-review/

    ReplyDelete