Monday 2 November 2015

My Karwachauth Mehendi /Henna

Hey Everyone!

I was very busy lately as it was Karwachauth on 30th of October and mine was 1st after marriage. For those who don't know what Karwachauth is, it is a festival/ tradition in North India where married ladies keep fast for a whole day for the long life of their husbands. I love this festival as young girls and married ladies apply mehendi/henna on their hands and feet. They also dress up beautifully, wear bangles, do make-up like they are going for some event. 

I am sharing some pics of my mehendi/henna design and also what I wore when henna was being applied on my hands and feet. Enjoy!


On left, the name of my husband (Divye) is written on my hand in Hindi Language and on the right, my name (Akanksha) is written in Hindi. It was my idea to do that :).


On back of my hands, there is this floral design.


Again a beaiutiful floral design on my feet.


I wore a dress cum kurti by Global Desi. Underneath this, I wore a white pallazo pant by Westside. I love this dress because of its bright colours and peacock print, very apt for that day.



And next day, something amazing happened. My picture was there in a local newspaper 'Jalandhar Savera'.





I hope you enjoyed this post and had a great Karwachauth. Next post is going to be about my Karwachauth Outfit. Stay tuned ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment