Monday 7 March 2016

Celebrity Inspired Make-Up Look Series - #2 Sonam Kapoor at L'Oreal Paris Press Event

Hey Gorgeous Ladies

First of all, I want to say a big THANK YOU to all of you for supporting and appreciating my work. I am new in this field and when I get your support, I feel motivated. I am really thankful to all you wonderful people. 

So, here comes the 2nd look of this series which is inspired by our Beauty and Fashion Diva Sonam Kapoor. I love the way she always try to experiment with her make-up looks and carry them confidently. 



My make-up is inspired by this look of Sonam which she did at L'Oreal Paris Press Event in 2015. If you are interested in this make-up look, then keep on reading.


PRODUCTS USED

1. Revlon Photoready Color Correcting Primer
2. MAC Studio Finish Concealer - NW 35, used as a corrector
3. L'Oreal Infallible 24H Stay Fresh Foundation - Radiant Beige
4. Maybelline New Instant Age Rewind Concealer - Medium Moyen
5. MAC Studio Fix - NC 30
6. Chi Chi Glamorous Naturals Eye Shadow Palette
7. NYX Gel Eye Liner and Smudger - Black
8. Savvy by DB Eye Shadow - Black
9. Estee Lauder Sumptous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara
10. Rimmel London Eyebrow Pencil - Dark Brown
11. The Balm Stainiac - Lip and Cheek Stain
12. Estee Lauder Deluxe All Over Face Compact - Pink Kiss
13. Rimmel London Lasting Finish Colour Rush Balm - 500 The Redder, The Better
14. MAC Lipstick - Girl About Town


PROCEDURE

STEP 1 - I moisturized my cleansed face and applied primer. I let it sit on my face for 5 minutes before going to the next step.

STEP 2 - I applied corrector under my eyes and on my chin where I have some dark spots. This peach colored corrector helps in cancelling out the dark shadows or spots.

STEP 3 - Next, I applied foundation all over my face with the help of a Flat Foundation Brush by The Body Shop. This brush helps in giving me full coverage from the foundation.

STEP 4 - After that, I used the concealer for some highlighting. Sonam has a matte and clean look in this. So, I used the concealer to brighten up the face. As you can see in the picture below, I applied it under my eyes in V-shape, on the center of my forehead, bridge of my nose, cupid's bow and chin. I used damp Miracle Sponge by Real Techniques to blend this all out.


Blending the concealer with a damp sponge

STEP 5 - Then, I set all the areas that I concealed, with MAC Studio Fix which is a powder foundation. It gives me the extra coverage that I need under my eyes.

STEP 6 - For the eyes, I first applied NYX Gel liner in Black on my eye lids for the base and on top of that I applied gold eye shadow from my Chi Chi eye shadow palette. 


Then, I took dark brown eye shadow, again from the Chi Chi palette and blended it well on my crease area. After that, I used black eye shadow by Savvy on my crease area again and blended it very well with a blending brush by Real Techniques.


 I applied that gold eye shadow again on my lids to make it look fresh. Then, I took the black eye shadow on an angular brush and applied it very close to my upper lash line.

 1 and 2 - Applied black gel liner and blended it all over the lid
 3 - Applied gold eye shadow on top of that
 4 - Blended with dark brown eye shadow on crease
 5 - Applied black eye shadow on crease
 6 - Applied black eye shadow just above the lash line
STEP 7 - For the lower lash line, I used NYX gel liner on my water line, black and dark brown eye shadow on the lower lash line and blended all well. To complete the eye make-up, I applied mascara on both upper and lower lashes, and defined my brows with the brow pencil. Sonam's brows are very well defined in this look, so I did the bold brows.

STEP 8 - Her cheeks are also very bold in this. To achieve that, I first applied cheek stain by The Balm on the apple of my cheeks and blended it well, followed by a pink blush from Estee Lauder pelette in the shade Pink Kiss.

On my cheeks, Lip and Cheek Stain by The balm

STEP 9 - For lips, I did not go for pink lips completely. I used a combination of red and magenta - Rimmel London Lips Balm in 500 and MAC Girl About Town Lipstick.


And, with all these steps, I achieved this Sonam Kapoor's inspired make-up look. 













I hope you all enjoyed this post. I tried my best to tell you how I did this look by adding the pictures of the steps. Don't forget to tell me in the comment section below, whether you like this look or not. Also, do let me know the next look you want me to do. See you in my next post. Till then, take care.

With Love
Akanksha

12 comments:

  1. Love your version of the look. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspired.. looks like a replica. Love it. You have explained the steps very well :) Keep up the good work :)

    Recently Posted: Nyassa Tiramisu Body Scrub review

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and glamorous ❤❤❤ thanks for the pictorial!!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work.Such a stunner you are.Hey if you work on the picture clarity I mean light and angles, it will bring icing to the cake.Graet job

    https://50shadesofvanity.wordpress.com/2016/03/09/chambor-extreme-wear-transferproof-liquid-lipstick-review/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot dear for the compliment and suggestion :). Will definitely work on it. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Very nice ! you explained each steps very well :)
    http://itsafashionista.blogspot.com/2016/03/pink-kurti-my-outfit-designed.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to know that you liked it :). Thanks a lot sweetheart. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Great inspiration dear. Loved it. You look beautiful.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete